Article The First of the Rules governing the Association :
1 - An Association of European Senates shall be created, composed of the following Senates :
- the Federal Council of Germany (Bundesrat);
- the Federal Council of Austria (Bundesrat);
- the Belgian Senate;
- the House of Peoples of the Parliamentary Assembly of Bosnia-Herzegovina
- the Spanish Senate,
- the French Senate,
- the Irish Senate,
- the Italian Senate ;
- the First Chamber of the States General of the Netherlands;
- the Polish Senate;
- the Romanian Senate ;
- the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation
- the National Council of Slovenia ;
- the Swiss Council of States ;
- the Senate of the Czech Republic ;
- the House of Lords of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
2 - The Council of State of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg shall participate in the activities of the Association in the capacity of observer.
3 - The Association of European Senates shall decide by consensus the admission of any other European Senate applying for membership either as a full member or as an observer.